Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Name! New Look! New Pair of Shoes!

Yesterday, my blog went under a slight overhaul. "Why?" you may ask. Because it needed it! For those of you visiting for the first time, my old blog looked just like Nathan Bransford's (only without the 1000 plus followers and zillions of comments). Now, no offense, Nathan, but it was, shall we say, BORING! I know this new look isn't perfect--web design really isn't my strong suit--but it is better, wouldn't you agree?
Now as far as the new name goes, well, it's just a better fit. (No pun intended.) LCcanwrite2, the old name, is more appropriate for another project I am working on. Details will be forthcoming when they become available. A Walk In My Shoes seems perfect for this blog. When we post, aren't we really sharing what it's like to be us? Don't we really want others to see, for however brief a moment, what it feels like to walk in our shoes?
There's also my theory that shoes have the power to dictate your mood. Or, perhaps, your mood dictates what shoes you decide to wear on any given day. Either way, the two go hand in hand. From now on, my posts will come with pictures of shoes. They could be my shoes (today's are not--I do not own any pink shoes); they could be my kids shoes; or they might be shoes I wish I was brave enough to wear. It probably will just depend on my mood!
Today, I am wearing a brand new pair of shoes (metaphorically speaking). What kind of shoes are you wearing?

12 comments:

Patti said...

First time your blog. Shoe metaphor is great. I'm more of a casual laid back person, but once in a while I'll put on those tight pinching heels that just make me uptight.

Katie Salidas said...

Love the shoe theme here! As for me, I'm in the trenches, subbing my work, so I'd have to say my shoes are steel-toe boots at the moment. =p

Susan R. Mills said...

Patti,
I'm actually a casual, laid back person myself, but I'm also only five foot tall, so heels are my choice of shoes! But not the pinchy, pointy kind. I love a good flip flop with a wedge type heel. Anyway, thanks for visiting, and I hope you come back!

Susan R. Mills said...

Quixotic,
I love you already! Not only are you my first follower, but I love your blog, too! As far as the submission process goes, yeah, it pretty much sucks! I've been doing it for a few months now. Steel-toed boots sound pretty good about now. Maybe my toes wouldn't feel so stepped on!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Bare foot all the way. :)

Susan R. Mills said...

Angie,
Barefoot works for me, too, but I'm still a little worried about my foot getting stepped on! I love the contest you are running on your blog. Maybe I will enter tomorrow, if I come up with something worthwhile. It was beautiful wherever you were! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to see you again!

AiringMyLaundry said...

The blog looks fantastic!

I'm currently wearing my slippers.

Susan R. Mills said...

You are so kind, Whispering Writer! I was googling pictures of shoes and came across this pair of Transformer Shoes. I thought of your son. I started to email it to you, but thought I'd ask if you wanted it first.

Rene said...

It's funny that you use shoes as a metaphor for writing. I was talking to author Rebecca Forster once and she said every writer needed to buy a pair of lucky shoes. I haven't found a pair yet considering how dang many shoes I own. But I'm always on the lookout.

Susan R. Mills said...

Rene,
Lucky shoes...that's a great idea! I'll have to find a pair.

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I love the look of your blog! As for me, I think I am more of a barefoot person. I like the freedom to experience the cool, soft blades of green grass, and yet the sharp pain of the occassional sticker. It's all in the experience that makes up life. ;) (I do love a pretty heel that makes me feel elegant!)

Susan R. Mills said...

Sherrinda,
Pretty heels are great when you are in the mood--night out on the town with hubby; weddings; high-school reunions. Other than that, though, I still prefer flip flops! Thanks for visiting!