Sunday, May 24, 2009

Whatever Works!

I'm super tired and don't have much to say tonight. But I do want to mention, kid you not, that I had another answer to my question about giving up. Today was nothing but baseball. Both boys were playing in tournaments on opposite ends of town, which meant way too much time in the car. My daughter had her I-Pod hooked up to the car stereo, and the kids randomly fought over which songs to skip over and which ones to turn up louder. When Mylie Cyrus's song, "The Climb," came on, my thirteen-year-old son speaks up and says, "Don't change this." This wouldn't have been a big deal except for the fact that he hates Mylie Cyrus. The rest of us turned and looked at him in shock, and he says, "What? It's the song that was going through my head when I got that last hit." Whatever motivates each and every one of us is worth listening to, isn't it? More on this tomorrow. For now, it's off to bed before another day of baseball!

No comments: