Friday, July 3, 2009

It's Party Time!

I know the 4th of July isn't until tomorrow, but we always start celebrating on the 3rd. For the past four years we have had a huge party out at our farm to raise money for various charities. There's food, fireworks, hayrides, games, music, etc.
This year's charity is the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I told you about my friend Deb who is battling cancer for the second time around in this post here. We are hoping to raise a lot of moolah for her cause, and of course have a great time in the process.
As you can imagine, I have a zillion things to do to get ready for tonight, but I wanted to do my daily reminder about the Slumpbuster Challenge. Click on the penguin in the sidebar for more info or to add sentence.
Happy Fourth Everyone!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those boots :)

I added to the story. I did my part :)

Good for you for raising money for such a good cause. I hope you have a great time. We're heading to my cousin's farm tomorrow to celebrate to 4th.

Deb said...

Good luck on the fund raising! I believe that I will do a bit of celebrating myself tonight, in honour of my American friends across the border. Have fun!

Lillian Robinson said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th! Hope it's a raving success!

Eileen Astels Watson said...

I wish your fundraiser much success! Happy Fourth of July!

Unknown said...

Apparently, you're not the only one who starts celebrating early. I went into town today to visit the library, only to discover they were closed at four... right when I arrived. Duh. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Happy 4th!

Jody Hedlund said...

Sounds like a great cause. What a huge undertaking, but what a wonderful thing to do!

Diane said...

Those boots were made for something.... I don't know if it was walking!

Susan R. Mills said...

Despite a little bit of rain, the party was a huge success!

Patti said...

Glad to hear the party was a great. Happy 4th.