Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Love Awards!

And my friend Strange Fiction over at Ranch Girl Ramblings and my friend Michelle McLean over at Michelle McLean's Writer Ramblings gave me this one. Thanks girls! The rules are as follows: 1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award. 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. 5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers. 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated. The seven I'm passing it on to are: 1. Rae, author of Weather Vane 2. Weronika, author of Weronika Janczuk 3. Stephanie Faris, author of Steph In The City 4. Jenn Johansson, author of Author Jenn Johansson 5. Terri Tiffany, author of Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer 6. Amy Tate, author of The Virginia Scribe 7. Eileen Astels Watson, author of A Christian Romance Writer's Journey Now, I guess I get to talk about myself! 1. I came in second in The Kansas City's Worst Singer Contest, and they played me singing Honesty by Billy Joel on the radio. 2. I do Dance Dance Revolution for my workout, and I'm as good a dancer as I am a singer. :) 3. I never get bored. I could sit for hours alone with my own thoughts. 4. I'm only five foot tall, so I prefer heels. Even my flip flops have a small, wedge heel. 5. Speaking of shoes, despite the theme of my blog, I'm not a shoe fanatic. 6. I'm addicted to the Game Show Network, and coffee, and solitaire, and blogging, and... 7. I hate, hate, hate doing laundry. Did I mention I hate doing laundry? So there you have it! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

21 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me:)) ANd especially for making me feel tall!! I am 5'3" and rarely meet anyone shorter:))

Rita Loca said...

I hate laundry too! I call it Mt. Never-rest!

Stephanie McGee said...

Congratulations!

Speaking of laundry...carp.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I am TERRIBLE at Dance Dance Revolution! But it's still fun.

And I love high heels because I'm only 5'4 and my siblings are all over 6 feet. I've always been the short one. Funny since 5'4 is perfectly average.

Stephanie Faris said...

Wow, thank you! I'm putting it on my blog now. I'm going to try to find 7 things to say about me.

Rae said...

Susan,
I am touched that you would pass this on to me. There are always so many people who deserve it, I know it is difficult to choose a limited number. I have received this in the past, but I feel very honored to receive it again. Don't be surprised if I bring it along to one of your future book signings for you to sign it as well:) Thank you.

Weronika Janczuk said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Susan! :)

It'll be my first blog entry today.

Deb said...

I'm the shortest in my family at 5'5 and I used to threaten to sing if my kids didn't obey me. How cruel is that? lol

Lillian Robinson said...

Congrats on the award! Your #1 stat cracked me up! Do you have a recording of it?

Again, congrats. You deserve it for a very creative blog.

Lily

Anna C. Morrison said...

Congratulations! I guess you could start doing laundry at the same time you work out so you don't think about it. :)

Gutsy Living said...

Great award. Good for you. I hate putting laundry away, especially socks for my guys. I always get confused, and they end up saying, "Where are my socks, MOM."

B.J. Anderson said...

Congrats on the award! And I share your hatred for laundry.

Tabitha Bird said...

Congrats on the award. LOL about the singing and the dancing. I am about the same :)

Lori said...

Congratulations. That is a beautiful award.

JAlexander said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAlexander said...

oops - big cut and paste error in my last comment post

I am giving you the Kreativ Blogger award too!

Sorry I don't know how to paste a live link in the comments section.

Check it out here: http://jenna-alexander.blogspot.com/2009/08/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Elizabeth McKenzie said...

Susan, I love your blog. Thanks for visiting mine and leaving a comment. You say you're only five foot tall. I'm only five foot one. I have two pairs of flip flops with two inch soles, and dang if I can stand wearing them for long periods of time. I used to have these really cool Mud boots with three inch heels on them. I couldn't stand them, though I loved how they made me feel. I had to give them away. I'm destined to thick soled sneakers.

Our Vegas trip was loads of fun. We met our daughter and her family there. We stayed at the Mandalay and sunned by the water in one hundred plus temps. We walked and walked and walked. My feet hurt and my legs ached, but I'd do it again in a heart-beat. Oh, on the last day we finally gambled and won a hundred bucks.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Thank you so much for this! And congratulations on your receiving it several times too. You deserve it!!

I'm stunned that you're not a shoe fanatic? What gave you the theme of shoes then?

Janna Leadbetter said...

Very interesting tidbits! And I'm sorry I missed your radio debut. ;)

Clementine said...

AAAAAAH! Thanks Susan! What a fun post to come home to.

J.R. Johansson said...

Yay! Thanks so much! :D I need to get this posted :)